Here at SMS, we have two ways for you to check out ebooks and audio books on your device, whether that be a smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- Download the MackinVIA app. It’s free and available from any app store.
- Open the app. Sign in using Sussman Middle School
- User name: ID #
- Password: read
- To check out a book, click on checkout, then download. You can now read or listen to this book, even without an Internet connection.
- Download the Overdrive app. It’s free and available from any app store.
- Open the Overdrive app.
- On the blue screen, tap under 13, continue
- Find a library- search up “downey”
- Tap on Downey Unified School District
- Tap on the lower Downey Unified School District
- Sign in
- Use your school email address: IDemail@example.com
- Use your password
- Since this is YOUR device, tap “yes” to remember username and password
- You may now check out and download ebooks and audio books!